A student's West Chester University Account serves 4 main purposes:
- Access to the student administration system (myWCU) - myWCU is used to access student information, grading and class scheduling
- Access to WCU E-Mail (Webmail)
- Access to D2L - D2L is used by instructors to post course
materials, hold online discussions, tests, quizzes, and surveys
- Access to log onto the university network
Before a new student can use their WCU account for any of the services listed above, they must first initialize their password.
To initialize your password, please follow these instructions:
- At the top of this page, click on the link labeled "help?"
- Click "Change Password"
- Enter your username (usernames are the 1st letter of your first name and the 1st letter of your last name followed by your 6 digit WCU ID number, always dropping the leading 0). An example of this is: BE123456@wcupa.edu.
- If you have never logged into the system before, your “Old Password” is WCU-MMDDYY. In your old password, be sure to capitalize the WCU and recognize that the MMDDYY is a representation of your date of birth. An example of this would be: January 1st 1984 = WCU-010184.
- Enter a new password which is at least 8 characters in length and includes at least 3 of the following requirements, then type that password again to confirm and click “Change Password / Passphrase.”
- Lowercase character
- Uppercase character
- Numeric character
- Special character such as # $ *
Note: You may not use any part of your name in your new password.
- For security reasons, you will be prompted to configure the Self Service Online Password Reset Tool. Setting up this tool will enable you to reset your password at anytime. After you have completed setting up your questions and answers, click “Submit.”
- Your new password is good for 90 days.
WCU network account passwords expire every 90 days and need to be changed.
You may not have any parts of your name in your password.