Project Assistant- (Non-represented Manager 160)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for a Project Assistant for the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Supportive Services Center (DBE SSC) responsible for carrying out project management and associated office and data management tasks related to facilitating and maintaining a high-quality DBE SS Center. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of office management and administrative assistance to the DBE SSC; scheduling and events management; development of marketing materials; and update and maintenance of the website and client relationship database. Candidates must be able to apply program logic and the technical principles behind the center’s operation to perform data analysis, including development of surveys and reports. Must be able to act within policy, make recommendations on policy and act with limited procedural guidance, to interpret program rules and policy to meet the needs of data collection for the center.
• Provides a full range of office management services including maintaining timesheets, ordering supplies, maintaining department files, word processing, and answering/screen telephone calls.
• Supports the department’s extensive procurement needs consistent with university and grant policies. Complete ad hoc reports on use of funds and center’s budget.
• Presents data in user friendly ways to allow data manipulation for situational analysis. Oversee data reviews and audits for accuracy.
• Performs program control activities applying rules and regulations to the processing of payments, applications, grants, contracts, and plans where data and/or requests must meet a circumscribed technical standard.
• Develops content and marketing materials for the program and DBE firms, including fliers, registration forms, batch emails through Outlook, the database and Constant Contact, capability statements and other marketing materials.
• Maintains current operational data, evaluating historical data, and using existing data to report on trends and program statistics. Develops and files reports for ease of retrieval.
• Develops and/or conducts surveys electronically to assess and report on the center’s needs for strategic planning; Designs forms to capture user data and monitor program success.
• Coordinates data needs and requirements between the department staff and university IT professionals, and assists staff in developing requests for information technology equipment, software, or data processing support.
• Performs training to other staff and clients in the utilization of the database and is responsible for database management.
• Promotes outreach to utilize the center’s services, under the direction of the Director.
• Develops registration materials, program booklets, securing of venues and overall logistics for training events.
• Occasional travel to facilitate logistics for training events.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two years office management and/or project assistance experience which includes event coordination, database management, development of outreach/marketing information, website maintenance, scheduling and the collection, recording, compilation, and presentation of program related information. Skill in use of internet, social media and all aspects of Microsoft Office software.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or faxed application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.