Retention Specialist (SUA 2)
Position Summary: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania’s Division of Academic Affairs invites applicants for a Retention Specialist to support all aspects of student retention and college success by providing project coordination and support. This position will support student development through special projects designed to increase student persistence through academic engagement and achievement. This position is occasionally expected to be available for weekend and evening programming as necessary.
• Aid in developing and facilitating co-curricular events and programs designed to support student retention and to further enhance the scholarly environment on campus.
• Support faculty involved in learning community and retention activities by facilitating aspects of integrated assignments, project/problem based learning assignments and service learning assignments.
• Assist with coordinating logistics for co-curricular events from creation and design through obtaining funding, planning, publicity and execution.
• Collaborate with PR and assist with program support via production of printed materials (flyers, stories, e-mail blasts) and website updates.
• Help prepare newsletters for monthly faculty meetings and wider distribution (alumni).
• Coordinate meeting schedule and document ALC discussions.
• Identify and assign volunteers from among students, staff, faculty to support learning community and retention scheduled activities.
• Assist with assessment of freshman performance and retention data.
• Update and maintain “Learning Communities Central” information hub on D2L.
• Monitor and assess freshmen student engagement.
• Help design and supervise the ALC student peer mentoring program as it operates in conjunction with faculty cohort group leader.
• Perform other related duties.
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in Education or a related academic discipline. A Master’s degree is preferred. Must have a minimum of three years of experience in higher education in academic or student affairs. Must possess an acute awareness of contemporary best practices in student engagement and student development.
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment all subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.