Director of Sponsored Programs and Grants Management (Manager 170)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the position of Director of Sponsored Programs and Grants Management. This position reports directly to the Director of Advancement and External Relations and is responsible for the solicitation and administration of external grants and contracts, including the monitoring of regulations and expenditures and the coordination of internal and external program reviews. The director will also be responsible for compliance with federal agency and university guidelines and budget management as well as serving as the university liaison with granting agencies.
• Solicits and administers external grants and contracts.
• Works closely with PI’s to monitor regulations and expenditures, including compliance with federal agencies and university guidelines for all university grants.
• Serves as committee Chair for internal program review groups and assists with the management of external review as necessary. Performs financial, operational and compliance audits of sponsored programs in accordance with the federal regulations.
• Serves as University liaison with granting agencies.
• Develops policies and procedures governing sponsored programs and research activities.
• Seeks funding opportunities and assists faculty and staff with grant preparation and management.
• Submits proposals to corporations, foundations, and governmental entities.
• Establishes a working relationship with the finance office to ensure budgeting and timely draw downs.
• Provides technical assistance to users to prepare and submit proposals.
• Coordinates sub-recipient monitoring requests from other institutions and performs detailed review of high risk sub-recipients using proper methodology.
• Handles sensitive issues and information with confidentiality and discretion.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) and two years of experience in a related field are requied.
• A demonstrated track record of successfully funded proposals, including corporations and foundations, is required along with strong communication skills (both written and oral, computer skills and knowledge of web-based grant procedures.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.