TRIO Educational Opportunity Center Coordinator (SUA 1)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the position of TRIO Educational Opportunity Center Coordinator responsible for providing direct support and guidance to project participants and will develop, coordinate and implement the center’s public relations, college preparation and career development components. All activities will be aimed at assisting participants to achieve secondary school diplomas, establish and meet post-secondary education admissions and completion goals. The Coordinator will assist the Executive Director with overseeing all project’s public relations activities including promoting public awareness of the services of the Cheyney University EOC project, with print and electronic and social media, establishing contacts with state, local and minority media to promote EOC activities services and participant successes. This position will work evening hours as assigned to meet initiative goals.
• Establishes the initial contact with community leaders and agencies to promote and establish Cheyney University’s EOC services in new areas and/or to new groups of potential clients; perform related needs assessments.
• Identifies participants eligible for EOC services, determine services needed and provide said services.
• Maintain a caseload of program participants, as well as individual reports, records and documentation; submit timely reports.
• Carries out direct outreach activities at GED centers, community based organizations, high schools, community meetings and other appropriate settings.
• Maintains a network of contacts and resources in the target areas to promote EOC services and activities; act as EOC liaison with professional organizations whose policies impact on EOC clients.
• Serves as staff in EOC satellite locations and assist persons seeking information about post-secondary programs and services of EOC.
• Provides direct vocational, career and academic support services to project participants including clarification of realistic education, career objectives and appropriate support services at post-secondary schools, community based organizations and other sites.
• Provides follow-up advocacy for persons during the period in which they apply for school admissions, financial aid and related services, as well as while enrolled in a post-secondary institution.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge and information of financial and academic assistance programs, requirement policies and procedures, for use in assisting EOC participants.
• Develops, implements, and coordinates the project’s career planning activities.
• Attends in-service and other job related training to remain aware of best practices in EOC operations and improve the opportunity for successful program outcomes.
• Supports all program activities for the TRIO EOC program.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Education, School Personnel, Guidance and Counseling, Human Services, or related field.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with programs for disadvantaged youth, TRIO programs, or those serving first generation college students.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must possess valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to assigned locations to attend meetings or programs.
• Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.