Admissions Recruiter (SUA 1, Temporary)
Salary: $19.85 per hour
Position Summary: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a temporary Admissions Recruiter. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position is primarily responsible of prospective first-year students entering the University’s undergraduate programs. The incumbent is accountable for achieving specific enrollment goals for an assigned territory. The Admissions recruiter supports and advances the mission of the University as an institution dedicated to providing a high quality education.
• Works directly with prospective students and families via telephone, email, the internet, and face-to-face.
• Manages enrollment strategies to achieve goals and objectives for an assigned region.
• Implements strategies from the inquiry stage through enrollment
• Assesses individual student needs and develops tactics to provide students with essential information.
• Travels to high schools, community colleges, college nights and fairs making presentations to small and large groups about programs, admission criteria, financial aid and student life which may reach beyond an assigned territory.
• Provides basic assistance on issues of prerequisite requirements, course registration, and program goals.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and ability to travel for recruiting purposes
• Represents the University, its programs and admission criteria to external and internal constituencies (e.g., prospective students, their families, school counselors, alumni, faculty, staff and community partners).
• Interviews prospective students, follows up with written and telephone communication, assists them with the enrollment process.
• Conducts extensive tele-counseling and outreach programs for prospective students
• Plans and executes campus events such as open houses and information sessions
• Maintains statistical information on student population for analysis and reporting
• Maintains proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, databases and social media
• Works closely with Financial Aid in the enrollment process and other enrollment offices.
• Works with faculty and staff to identify and pursue effective outreach opportunities and partnerships that extend relationships and build feeder systems.
• Accurately represents the mission, programs and policies of the institution.
• Leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ability to travel for recruiting purposes.
• Valid driver’s license
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or faxed application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.