SEASONAL FLU VACCINE INFORMATION
We are pleased to announce West Chester University is offering
free seasonal flu vaccines to all employees.
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014
Time: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Sykes Student Union, Ballroom
Employees must register in order to receive the flu vaccine on October 23rd
Please print out the 2014 Flu Vaccine Consent Form and VIS Document and bring it with you to the clinic. Click Here to access the forms
Once you have registered you will receive an email (from the PASSHE Academy) confirming that a vaccine has been reserved for you.
Questions? Contact Vicky Giunta (email@example.com) or Jane Martorana (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Benefits Office.
Employees who are not able to attend the clinic and have medical/ prescription benefits through PEBTF or the PA State System have other opportunities to receive a vaccine. See the information below pertaining to your medical plan.
FLU SHOT OPPORTUNITIES: FALL/WINTER 2014
PASSHE Health Plan Members: Highmark PPO and CMM (Indemnity) Plan
- All Highmark members (who are age 18 and older) can obtain a free flu shot at any Rite Aid Pharmacy or Giant Eagle location in Pennsylvania, and at specific CVS Pharmacy locations in West Grove and Lancaster (contact HR for specific locations). No appointment is needed; the member must present their Highmark member ID card. The PASSHE health plan will be billed directly for this service.
- Highmark members of all ages can obtain a flu shot from their physician (an office visit co-pay may apply).
PASSHE Health Plan: Keystone East HMO Members
- Keystone East HMO Members can obtain a flu shot from their physician (an office visit co-pay may apply).
- Keystone East HMO members can obtain a no-cost flu shot at the following retail pharmacies:
- Keystone East HMO members can also obtain a flu shot at any pharmacy or clinic. They may then submit a claim form with a receipt to Keystone East and they will receive reimbursement (up to $25 per member, per vaccine).
PASSHE Health Plan: Keystone Central HMO Members
- Keystone Central HMO Members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply). Currently, this is the only flu shot benefit available to Keystone Central HMO members
PEBTF Health Plan: ALL Members (PPO and all HMOs)
- All PEBTF members (who are age 18 and older) can obtain a no-cost flu shot at any pharmacy that participates in the CVS Caremark Flu Shot network, which includes most chain pharmacies such as Acme, Giant, Giant Eagle, Target, Weis Markets and Rite Aid. No appointment is needed – the member must present their CVS/Caremark RX member ID card. The PEBTF health plan will be billed directly for this service. PEBTF members can contact the PEBTF to see what pharmacies participate. Also, the PEBTF anticipates they will be posting an updated listing on their website soon.
- PEBTF members of all ages can obtain a flu shot from their physician (an office visit co-pay may apply). The member should present their medical ID card.