How to Succeed Online
Are you ready for online learning? In general, the online student should possess the following qualities to succeed online:
- Be independent, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Be able to communicate clearly through writing.
- Be able to follow and comprehend course information through reading.
- Be willing to "speak up" if problems arise.
- Be able to think ideas through before responding.
- Be willing to collaborate with peers.
- Be willing and able to commit 5 to 10 hours per week per course.
- Be able to use the technologies required properly and effectively.
- Have practically unlimited access to a computer and Internet Service.
- Feel confident that high quality learning can take place without going to a traditional classroom.
If you feel you may have difficulties with some of the qualities mentioned above, contact the Distance Education Office at DistanceEd@wcupa.edu to discuss your options.