During your time in the School of Music, you may want to use spaces in Swope Music Building for a variety of events or programs. Room booking is easy, provided you follow these 3 easy steps.
- All requests must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days in advance. Requests submitted with less than 3 days notice may not be granted.
- Look for an available room on the WCU Space Management Website. Any space that shows as “blank” is available. Please note: you cannot book a room on this website. You are only viewing available spaces.
- When you have selected a space, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- University ID/Student ID
- Organization/group for which you are reserving the room
- Purpose of the event
- Desired date
- Desired time (maximum two hours)
- Desired location
- Specific set-up needs (e.g. tables, pianos, technology use, etc.)
Requests lacking all of the above information may not be processed. You will receive an automatic reply notifying you that your request has been received followed by a confirmation e-mail when your request has been processed. Your Ram e Card will be programmed to allow you access to the room.
Note: The person booking the room is responsible for the following:
- Put the room back to its original set up.
- Return all borrowed equipment (chair, tables, stands, and risers) to its original location.
- Make sure that all windows and doors are locked when you leave.
- Use the room responsibly.
- Notify the music office if this event is changed or cancelled.
- Remind your guests that the Swope Music Building is a NO SMOKING/NO ALCOHOL facility.
- There is to be absolutely NO FOOD AND/OR DRINKS IN THE ROOMS.
- There is absolutely NO FIRE OR OPEN FLAMES PERMITTED IN THE ROOMS.