Room Entrance Policy
University employees may enter your room under the following circumstances:
- To conduct a visual inspection if there is probable cause that you are in violation of a University policy.
- To inspect your room or apartment when you check out during vacation periods to insure that you have left using the proper closing
- To inspect for cleanliness, health and safety standards and other reasonable housing regulations as outlined in this publication.
Rooms and apartment/suite will be inspected on a regular basis as announced by an RLHS staff member.
- Your signature in the maintenance log or the submission of a work request via the web system authorizes maintenance personnel to enter your room
or apartment/suite in order to make the necessary repairs. Maintenance personnel may also enter your room or apartment/suite without permission for
emergency repairs. Contractors may also be escorted into living areas to complete work or do inspections as required.
- Your room, apartment/suite and personal belongings may be searched upon the authorization of the Office of Student Conduct. The purpose of these permits is for the investigation and search of suspected circumstances, conditions or objects within a student
room which may be detrimental to the general welfare of the University and/or its students. The process is more fully outlined in the Student Code
of Conduct, which also explains your rights against unreasonable search and seizure. The Student Code of Conduct can be found inthe Ram’s
- Search and seizure for purposes related to suspected violation of civil or criminal law of the Commonwealth may be made by civil authorities.
- To address noise disturbances (alarm clocks, radios, etc.) when there is not a presence in a room.