The University’s Guest Policy is designed to maintain security in the residence halls and apartments. A guset is defined as anyone who is not assigned to a particular room, suite, or apartment. Students are permitted to host guests in their
residence hall rooms and apartments. However, every guest is subject to University rules and regulations and is the responsibility of the
resident host at all times. The University reserves the right to deny access to any person if it is reasonably determined that such person presents a
threat to the peace, safety and welfare of other residents.
- The University does not condone or permit cohabitation or patterns of extended visitation in the residence halls or apartments. Patterns of visitation and appearances of cohabitation behavior which interfere with the rights and privileges or privacy of any resident student will not be tolerated and may subject the host to judicial action.
- Guests are allowed in residence hall rooms, suites, and apartments only with prior consent from a roommate(s). The rights of the roommate take precedence in
issues involving a guest.
- Overnight guests are permitted to stay in University housing for a period of two nights within a 7-day period. The 7-day period begins when a guest stays overnight.
- Each student may have no more than 2 guests at a time in University-owned residence halls and apartments, and no more than 3 guests at a time in the affiliated communities. Family members, such as parents, guardians, or siblings, are permitted without this limit being imposed.
- This Guest Policy applies to single, double, and triple occupancy rooms in North Campus residence halls, and at the South Campus
and College Arms Apartment complexes. The policy applies to all residents regardless of having a roommate or not. Students residing in University Student Housing communities are held responsible for this guest policy, but should also refer to the lease agreement for any additional information or clarification.
- The host is responsible for ensuring that their guests use the appropriate bathroom facilities during their visit. Specifically,
male guests should only use designated male bathrooms and female guests should use only designated female bathrooms.
- Any guest in a residence hall between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:00 am (whether that guest is a resident student living in a different residence hall, an off campus student or a non-student) must be signed into that hall by the building resident who s/he intends to visit after they are given entrance to the building by the person they are visiting (since the card access system will not allow the guest to enter the building). Guests who enter prior to 8:00 pm should be brought down to the security desk to be signed in. In addition, when the guest leaves, the host needs to accompany the guest to sign out of the building. If you return later, you will need your ID to gain access to your building.