Weather Alert Notification
When adverse weather conditions affect the routine operation of the University, information regarding class cancellations, delayed openings, and/or University closings will be publicized via multi-faceted communication media including:
- Text messages to WCU Alert subscribers - WCU has contracted with e2campus to provide the service WCU ALERT, which sends subscribers direct text messages of WCU announcements, including class cancellations, delayed openings, University closings, on-campus emergencies, and the occasional test message. WCU ALERT provides the most effective way to communicate safety to all students, faculty, and staff, wherever they are. WCU ALERT is completely free to sign up, but phone carriers may charge for receiving text messages. WCU ALERT will not deliver any kind of advertising content, and phone numbers will not be shared with any third parties. Please see www.wcupa.edu/wcualert to sign up.
- Mass e-mails to students, faculty, and staff - WCU-assigned e-mail accounts for employees and students will be used as one of the primary layers of communication for weather-related notices, as well as emergency alerts, all employees and students are required to activate and maintain regular access to their University-provided e-mail accounts.
- Posted on WCU's homepage at www.wcupa.edu - The most up-to-date and specific information, including weather developments, event cancellations and postponements, or changes to the final exam schedule, will be posted on the WCU homepage.
- Recorded message on WCU's Information Line, 610-436-1000 - However, the WCU homepage will always carry the most updated information as the weather event unfolds or as information is posted regarding cancellation/postponement of events.
- Broadcast on many radio and TV stations - Some radio and TV stations use a system of code numbers rather than school names for cancellations and announcements. West Chester University's code numbers are 853 for cancellation of day classes and 2853 for cancellation of evening classes. For specifics on radio and TV station listings, please see http://www.wcupa.edu/dps/emergency/weatheralert.asp. However, because radio and TV stations are generally not able to provide specific information, the most accurate and detailed announcements will be maintained on WCU's homepage at www.wcupa.edu.