Ram's Eye View

West Chester University

West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383

Vendor Policy

The following are guidelines that are applicable to outside vendors selling items on University property:

  1. Outside vendors may request table space for sales through the Student Union Office in 116 Sykes Union. A formal application is required which is then reviewed by Sykes Union administration for compliance with the "Vendor Policy,". To rent a table vendors are charged a fee which is forwarded to the Sykes Union Auxiliary account.
  2. Student and other University organizations can still sell items directly for their group's fundraising efforts (e.g., bake sale, Valentine Day flowers, candy sale) through appropriate approval procedures, but cannot sponsor an outside vendor on campus and receive a percentage of the company's profits. The reason for this restrictive policy is that outside vendors, for legal reasons, need to be approved and screened for proper Tax ID numbers, legitimacy of the goods they are selling, and general use of University property. We have also been advised that taking percentages of sales is not appropriate because the money a vendor makes cannot be verified. These reasons make it necessary that this type of activity be strictly monitored and supervised. Any group wishing to do fund raising anywhere on campus must have a financial account established with Student Services, Inc., located in 259 Sykes Student Union.

For further information regarding these guidelines, please visit Sykes Student Union.