Mandatory Immunizations for all students
The Immunization Form includes the necessary information regarding mandatory immunizations as follows:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella - two doses of live MMR administered on or after the first birthday (students born before 1957 are exempt)
- Meningitis vaccine- Pennsylvania law requires all college students living in campus housing in Pennsylvania to have a Meningococcal Vaccination or sign a waiver.
- Hepatitis B: series of 3 vaccines
- HPV Vaccination is recommended for women ages 11-26.
- Influenza Vaccination (Flu Shot) is recommended. Flu Shots are offered to students and staff on campus in October.
- Tetanus: Original series plus booster within 10 years
- Varicella: two doses of live varicella vaccine or physician documented history of the illness (chicken pox)
- TB skin tests are required for select students (education and nursing majors)
All students who receive an immunization or TB test must remain in the health center for 15 minutes for observation.