Student Health Services

West Chester University

Contact Information:
Wayne Hall, 2nd Floor

Insurance Resources

West Chester University offers a health plan designed for students through Consolidated Health Plans. For more information on this plan, or to enroll in this health plan, please follow this link.

Special Note: In the event of a qualifying event with the loss of insurance coverage, students may still apply for Consolidated Health Plan Insurance. These qualifying events include loss of coverage due to death, divorce, or student's birthday. The student then has 30 days to send a letter to Consolidated from the previous insurer that indicates the date the policy ended. Consolidated will then provide insurance retroactive to the date the previous policy terminated. This information is not in the Consolidated brochure.

Other resources are also listed for your convenience. Look at plans and compare and make a choice based on your needs.

The Foundation for Health Coverage Education (FHCE) offers four unique ways to help you find health coverage in your area:


Affordable Care Act

  • Initial Open Enrollment is from 10/1/13-3/31/14.
  • See to locate the exchange for your state, which is a web site to locate health coverage.
  • The online Health Insurance Marketplace will offer a choice of health plans. All plans will provide essential benefits and preventive care.
  • To begin, create an account at:
  • The exchange will determine Medicaid eligibility and also subsidy eligibility for a private health plan.
  • For 24/7 assistance call 1-800-318-2596 
    TTY: 1-855-889-4325

Government Sponsored Insurance Programs

  • Medicaid - a joint state and federal program for public assistance to eligible people, regardless of age, whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care. Contact the PA Department of Public Welfare's Recipient Hotline at 1-800-692-7462
  • Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) - free or low-cost health insurance to uninsured individuals under the age of 19, who may be eligible based on family income. Contact the CHIP help line at 1-800-986-KIDS.

Additional Coverage for on the job injuries:
Worker's Compensation - health care benefits for injuries or illnesses at work related to workplace exposure. Worker's compensation does not replace other health insurance. Contact the PA Bureau of Worker's Compensation at 1-800-482-2383.