Grants Submission Incentive Award
In recognition of WCU’s high level administrative commitment to encouraging and supporting the active engagement of faculty and staff in sponsored program activities, the Office of Sponsored Research will continue to provide incentive awards to eligible applicants who develop high quality grant proposals and submit to external funding agencies. The guidelines are as follows.
I. Award Amount
Awardees will receive 1% of the amount of the total direct costs requested in the submitted proposal; not to exceed a maximum of $1,000.
II. Award Eligibility
- The principal investigator must follow WCU submission policy. Specifically, a completed proposal must be submitted with a WCU grant/contract cover sheet, to the Office of Sponsored Research, at least five working days before the mailing deadline.
- Individuals must be full-time WCU employees.
- The proposal must be new and must be submitted to an external agency (non-PASSHE) within the given fiscal year.
- The proposal must be a final proposal (not a preliminary proposal).
III. Award Disbursements
- Multiple authors of a single proposal will share one award.
- Individuals are limited to one award annually.
- Awards will be given twice during the given fiscal year according to the following schedule:
a. October (Submission period July – September )
b. June (Submission period October – June)
IV. Award Operation
- Awards are administered by the Office of Sponsored Research.
- The funding for the awards comes from indirect cost funds recovered from funded grants. The amount of awards and the eligibility requirements may be adjusted periodically based on the availability of indirect cost funds.
- Awards may be used for university-related travel, book purchases, publication costs, research expenses or other appropriate professional development expenses. Reimbursement for an expenditure will be provided in accordance with WCU’s accounting procedures (please see http://www.wcupa.edu/_Information/AFA/FBS/Forms/Forms.asp for appropriate forms) by using a travel expense voucher or payment request form. To receive reimbursement for expenses, please bring the completed university form with original receipts to the Office of Sponsored Research for approval and signature.
- Awards must be expended within one year after receipt of the award letter.