The Distinguished Sponsored Research Award
The Distinguished Sponsored Research Award recognizes an outstanding sponsored research grant and/or significant sponsored research performance conducted by a current West Chester University faculty member.
Certificate of recognition and a $2,000
Award presented by the President of WCU at the December Commencement
One award annually
- Award Eligibility
- The applicant must be a current full time faculty member during the academic year when the grant is given.
- The applicant must have secured a significant sponsored research grant and/or must have demonstrated significant sponsored research performance within the past five years.
- The applicant must have followed the WCU grant policy when the grant was submitted.
- The applicant must be the Principal Investigator of the grant.
- Award Nomination and Evaluation
- Formal nomination should be made by a member of the academic community. (No student or self -nominations)
- Nominations are to be evaluated and recommended by the Academic Recognition Committee and approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs / Provost and Associate Vice President for Sponsored Research.
- Nomination deadline is February 15
- The Award will be announced by May 1 and presented at the December commencement.
Click here to see and print the Application (PDF)