COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
- The Department of History requires a 3.0 GPA in history and a 2.8 overall GPA for admission to its graduate program.
- A statement of professional goals
- A writing sample of no less than two pages on a historical topic
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably academic.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Students interested in graduate studies in history may also take two graduate courses before formal admittance to either graduate program.
- Applicants who do not meet the above criteria may be admitted on a provisional basis. Students so admitted may then apply for full-degree candidacy upon completion of 12-18 semester hours of applicable course work with at least a 3.0 GPA. In both programs students must pass written comprehensive examinations at or near completion of their course work.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION