Outstanding Alumni Award
The following Accounting department alumni were recognized as outstanding seniors during their course of study at West Chester University. Consequently they secured the Wayland Schatz Memorial Accounting Award:
- 2004 - William White, Class of 1979 - Bill is both a CPA and CMA and is a graduate of West Chester University where he continues to serve as a member of the Board of Advisors to the School of Business. Bill is a seasoned financial professional with over 34 years of business experience, 31 of which within the Johnson & Johnson family of Companies. In his current role as Director of Internal Audit, Bill is responsible for developing the audit strategy in support of J&J’s initiative to move to a Regional Shared Service Finance Model. In addition, he is responsible for all Government Contract Compliance and External Vendor audit reviews and manages J&J’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Process
- 2005 - Keith Schneck, Class of 1977 - Keith Schneck began his career as a CPA with KPMG in Philadelphia from 1977 to 1986. Mr. Schneck holds a B.S. in accounting from West Chester University, and is a Certi fied Public Accountant. Mr. Schneck Schneck was the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of eResearch Technology Inc. from July 2008 through December 2012. eResearch Technology Inc., based in Philadelphia, is a global provider of high-quality patient safety and efficacy endpoint data collection solutions for use in clinical drug development and was publicly traded on NASDAQ until its acquisition in 2012 by Genstar Capital.
- 2006 - Thomas Mills, Class of 1981
- 2007 - John Nicholas, Class of 1990 - John Nickolas graduated summa cum laude with a B.S. in Accounting from West Chester University. Mr. Nickolas has been with The Philadelphia Phillies since July 2003 and is currently Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- 2008 - Steve Ritter Class of 1988 and James Shinehouse Class of 1980
- 2010 - Christopher Meshginpoosh - Chris serves as a Director in the Audit & Accounting practice at K reischer Miller, one of Inside Public Accounting's "Best of the Best" firms. Chris is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and serves as a Board Member of the Risk Management Association of Philadelphia. In recognition of his accomplishments, Chris was selected as a 2007 “40 Under 40" Honoree by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- 2011 - Anthony Caruso - Anthony Caruso most recently served as Vice President of Enterprise Services for Capital One Home Loans where he is working on the integration of legacy ING DIRECT USA Change Implementation functions, such as the Project Management Office, into applicable Capital One business areas. The sale of ING DIRECT USA to Capital One Financial was completed in February 2012. Anthony graduated in 1990 from West Chester University with his Bach elor of Science in Accounting. He continued his education to Pennsylvania State University where he received his Master’s degree in Management and Business Administration in 1994. Anthony is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Pennsylvania and was designated a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in 2012.
- 2012 - Tom and Linda Kothe
- 2013 - Christopher J. Digiuseppe - Chris Diguiseppe is a tax Partner in the Financial Services Office of EY (our new name) and is a certified public accountant. Mr. Diguiseppe graduated Magna Cum Laude from West Chester University in 1989 and received his Masters of Taxation degree from Villanova University in 1994.