Welcome to The West Chester University Women-Back-to-Work Centre
The WB2W Centre is a place women with college or even graduate degrees as
well as women who have not pursued an academic career can come to refresh skills and gain knowledge.
The biggest need for women re-entering the workforce is when the individual has no undergraduate degree or a degree that is seriously dated. “It can and it does make a difference in hiring decisions, regardless of what they say,” says Patricia Berg, CEO of CPI Professional Edge, a career consulting firm for corporations. Women who have not previously been in the workforce are at a severe disadvantage. Women with older undergraduate degrees are often considered uninformed about current professional needs.
This program allows women to have greater flexibility with their career choices. Women who are considering finishing a degree and taking time off for families or who are just now returning to finish an undergraduate degree and would like to supplement their experience can make choices appropriate to their needs knowing that the WB2W Centre offers refresher seminars to help them at the time of their return.
- Sessions offered three times per year (contact for dates)
- Each session is designed to meet the needs of the specific audience
- Multi-day sessions (evening, weekend, or 3 half day meetings)
Seminars (half hour to two hour sessions on each of the following)
- Résumé Writing and Production (including business cards)
- all participants leave with professional résumés in hand
- Conflict Management
- Computer Systems (basic overview of new operating systems and applications)
- Public Speaking
- Small Group & Teams Communication
- Job Fair/ Meeting with Company Representatives