Name of the Organization: The French Club
Purpose: To promote the understanding and appreciation of French culture through its language, history, and civilization.
- Membership is open to any student from West Chester University and individual from the West Chester community regardless of disabilities, nationality, race, color, religion, creed, sex, and sexual orientation.
- Membership is secured by having one's name enlisted and by attendance to the meetings.
- No special initiation ceremonies, pledging rituals or hazing activities shall be required to be eligible for membership.
- Meeting dates, normally at least once a month, are determined by the Executive Committee.
- Members will be notified of meeting dates and times through announcements in class and printed campus notices at least one week in advance.
- Elections, usually held in the Fall semester, shall be determined by majority vote.
- Officers shall retain their post for one academic year.
- The presence of at least one third of the members shall constitute a quorum.
- Officers of the organization shall be the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Executive Committee
- The officers of the organization shall serve as the Executive Committee. This committee shall have final voice on any issue brought before it.
- Special sub-committees shall be appointed by the Executive Committee in case of emergency or to study a particular issue.
- The advisor shall be a member of the French faculty at West Chester University.
- The advisor does not have to be present at the meetings, but his/her approval is necessary before any action is taken by the organization.
- Consent of at least two thirds active members is necessary for impeachment.
- Ratification, Amendment, and Revision
- Ratification shall be by majority vote at a regular meeting of at least one third members present.
- Amendments and revisions may be proposed by any member at a regular meeting of the organization.
- Amendments and revisions are adopted by a two third vote at the following regular meeting.