Learning Goals - Geology and Astronomy Program
With a Bachelor of Science, students will be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge of fundamental geoscience content at a level comparable to a national sample of geosciences majors.
- effective oral presentation skills.
- effective writing skills.
- effective quantitative skills.
- technological skills through performance assessment.
- information literacy and critical thinking skills relevant to conducting research.
- abilities to collaborate and engage in mutually-beneficial relationships with peers and external stakeholders.
With a Master of Science, students will be able to demonstrate, via a paper and oral presentation on a research topic:
- geoscience knowledge beyond the undergraduate level and professional-quality skills.
- scholarly research skills.
- an ability to serve as a geosciences resource for their community.