Department of Nutrition
West Chester University
Dr. Jeff Harris, DrPH, MPH, RD, LDN
College of Health Sciences
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
Part-Time Dietary Aid/Intern Positions
The Chester County Pocopson Home is looking to fill four part-time dietary aid/intern positions. Hours are flexible weekdays between 11:30 - 7:30 pm and every other weekend from 11:30 am - 7:30 pm or 6:00 am - 2:00 pm. For more details, see the attachment Part-time Dietary Aid/Intern Position. Applications can be filled out online and accepted at The Official Site of Chester County, Pennsylvania.
- In partnership with the Healthy Neighborhood Assistant Managers, cultivate, lead and grow strategic local and city-wide partnerships connected to increased healthy food access, improved dietary health, and improved community capacity across 5 Healthy Neighborhoods.
- Lead the strategic design and implementation of neighborhood-based Community Action Networks (CANs), managed by City Harvest neighborhood staff and made up of resident volunteers who are leaders in their community and dedicated to improving food access and dietary health in their neighborhoods. Work with CANs to implement community-led projects including:
- Promoting fruit and vegetable access in their neighborhoods by supporting existing and emerging healthy retailers;
- Creating a mechanism to support City Harvest’s Healthy Supermarket and Corner Stores;
- Developing and implementing resident-led local fruit and vegetable promotions;
- Creating and delivering advocacy messages around local healthy food access.
- Ensure Healthy Neighborhood programs are strategically integrated within each community by working with the City Harvest’s Healthy Retail, Nutrition Education, Mobile Market and Emergency Food program teams.
- Work with Associate Director, Healthy Retail to create Healthy Retailer Networks for corner store operators, providing marketing, merchandising and business assistance to stores to ensure a future healthy retail space. Create mechanisms to connect store operators with their community through the CAN networks.
- Regularly engage in and lead neighborhood-based fieldwork to become familiar with the geography, character and population diversity of each Healthy Neighborhood.
- Ensure that Healthy Neighborhood activities are informed by an understanding of how diet-related diseases poverty and food insecurity interact with each other at the neighborhood level. Read supporting research around the connection of dietary health to food access, nutrition education, and community engagement.
- As senior HNI team leader, work with Director Healthy Neighborhoods, Director Evaluation, Director Policy and Government Affairs, and VP Community Impact to continue to develop and implement the Healthy Neighborhoods strategic vision, food access policy, and programmatic evaluations.
- In partnership with Volunteer Services, build and maintain a strong coalition of community volunteers that are invested in Healthy Neighborhood interventions and dedicate time to carry-out food access and nutrition programming.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with City Harvest colleagues in Marketing, Fund Raising, Food Sourcing and Agency Relations to further develop programs and impact.
- Manage 5 direct reports. Recruit and oversee interns, fellows and community volunteers to further engage in this work.
Graduate degree in public health, public administration, or comparable degree or equivalent work experience as a community organizer in food systems, food justice or community-based health related projects.
5+ years of experience in the development and management of urban public health programs.
Outstanding track record of creating and cultivating partnerships including both community and city-wide partners.
Strong track record of community organizing and engagement. Ability to train staff on community organizing approaches and best practices.
Leadership experience with obesity-or diet-related disease prevention or treatment programs within the context of collaborative community partnerships a plus.
Solid public health expertise with a deep interest in having a serious and sustained impact on community health in low resource communities of NYC.
Ability to synthesize complex information and present it in a helpful and educational manner.
Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish highly preferred.
Comfort with traveling around the city on public transportation as at least 50% of time will be spent in the field.
Please use the following link to complete our application and to submit your resume and cover letter
with salary requirements https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4800231. Qualified candidates will
be contacted by phone and/or email. City Harvest conducts background checks and writing and
computer literacy tests for final candidates for this position.
City Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Pediatric Job Opportunity
Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY is currently looking for a Clinical Dietitian to cover the NICU and PICU/peds unit. The units are shared between two dietitians, and the position is through Sodexo. Here is the link for the posting with position details: http://external-careers-sodexo.icims.com/jobs/22454/job.
Worksite Wellness Registered Dietitian Position available: February 2012
The School of Health Related Professions’ Institute for Nutrition Intervention university-wide worksite wellness program is recruiting for a registered dietitian to work as the wellness program coordinator/instructor. The position (90%FTE) will be based on the Newark campus with required travel to other campuses. Primary responsibilities include organizing, initiating and managing the worksite wellness program under the direction of the director of the Institute for Nutrition Interventions and the chair of the Department of Nutritional Sciences, providing direct client care in individual and group sessions, uploading program sessions and materials to the web-based instruction platform, data collection and entry and travel to all campuses.
Qualifications: Master’s prepared Registered Dietitian with experience in weight management. Additional experience in web-based instruction platforms, physical examination, wellness and program management desirable.
Submit letter of application and curriculum vitae to:
Dr. Diane Radler, Associate Professor and Director, Institute for Nutrition Interventions
UMDNJ-SHRP, 65 Bergen Street, Room 157, Newark, New Jersey 07101-1709
or email: email@example.com.
The Department of Family Medicine at Memorial Hospital of RI is looking for a Nutritionist for the Department of Family Medicine. The nutritionist will plan, implement and evaluate nutrition curriculum for family medicine and internal medicine residents, medical students rotating through the departments, and fellows in various subspecialities of family medicine and/or internal medicine.
Masters Degree in dietetics, human nutrition or public health is required. Must be a registered dietitian.
Five to eight years experience in clinical, community and/or nutrition education at the college level.
Knowledge of biochemical, food science, psychosocial and community nutrition to effectively teach medical students, residents and fellows
-Knowlege of Pathophysiology of common medical problems, pharmacology of diet drug interaction and medical terminology
-Knowledge of counseling techniques and behavior modification
-Knowledge of biostatistics, learning theory, educational research design, curriculum design and grantsmanship
-Organizational and priority setting skills
-Grand Rounds presentations
-Develop curriculum for elective block course
Must have strong teaching skills, strong speaking, communication, interpersonal and writing skills, creativity in planning and implementing graduate medical education programs in nutrition and organizational skills.
Should be self-motivated and have a commitment to quality and self-improvement.
Please visit www.mhri.org <http://www.mhri.org> to apply.
Seton Hall University Clinical Reserach Coordinator Temporary Position
The Division of Natural and Health Sciences at Seton Hill University invites applications for a Clinical Research Coordinator for the period of July 2012 through September 2014. The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will work directly with the PI, Co-PI and Integrative Health Coaches in coordinating and conducting a three-phase study designed to evaluate and improve behavioral patterns of university students in the domains of diet, exercise, stress management, smoking and sleep. Responsibilities include training, mentoring and evaluating study personnel and dietetic students; recruitment, screening and enrollment of study participants including the informed consent process; maintenance of social media sites; development of population-appropriate website materials and individualized motivational messages; completion of study documentation and maintenance of study files in accordance with sponsor requirements and University policies and procedures; maintenance of study supplies. Qualifications: Registered Dietitian with Masters Degree. Experience in research utilizing Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and teaching preferred. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various types of social media required.
Seton Hill is a Catholic, liberal arts university located 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. Seton Hill offers 40 undergraduate majors, 9 graduate programs and serves traditional age and adult student populations. Applications accepted until position is filled. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, 3 letters of recommendation, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org (724)-830-1571; Dr. Janice Sandrick, Program Director, Coordinated Program in Nutrition & Dietetics, Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA 15601. Seton Hill is committed to having a faculty and student body that reflects the racial diversity of the global population. AA/EOE.
Full Time (37.5 hr) clinical dietitian position open at Jewish Home Lifecare in the Bronx, NY.
Facility is an 840-bed long term, subacute care facility. Clinically advanced practices including enteral feeding, outpatient dialysis unit, nutrition focused physical assessment, and nutrition care process.
Experience preferred. Entry level dietitians ok. Great learning environment, willing to train. Annual salary: $51,000 if RD status at time of employment. Great benefits.
Please call Michele, Herbek, MS, RD at 718-410-1522 or email resume
SupremeCare, Inc.is looking for a Consultant Dietitian for LTC who can provide from 80-88 hours per month at one of their facilities in Easton, PA.
Qualifications: Independent RD consultants to provide RD nutrition consultation services at nursing homes and hospitals that we contract with. Flexible enough to meet the needs of the facility. Experienced, Board Certified, and State Licensed, Professional Liability Insurance. To assure continuity of care for the residents for the nutrition component of their care.
Scope of Work: To provide consulting services including but not limited to assistance with dietary operations, resident assessments, charting, monitoring dietary production/sanitation, support services, In-service training with staff provided as needed to assure quality and outcomes.
Resumes can be faxed or emailed to:
Office Manager/RD Coordinator
A 160 Bed skilled nursing facility located in Endicott, NY is seeking to have a Full Time Clinical Dietitian to join our Multidisplinary Team.
The primary purpose of your job position includes the assessment of nutritional status, implementation and monitoring of an individualized plan of care and being an active member of the multidisplinary team.
Candidates Must Have:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Nutrition or Dietetics) or be a
· Be Resident focused – can effectively evaluate dietary interventions
· Financially Responsible
· Hands on attitude (willing to be part of the team)
· Well organized and able to work independently at time
· Possess good clinical and communication skills
If you are interested please stop in the facility and ask for Pat Brown, Registered Dietitian or Marc Walker, Administrator. You may also email your resume at email@example.com
301 Nantucket Drive
Endicott NY 14817
ARAMARK at Susquehanna Health, located in Williamsport and Muncy PA., is seeking .8 FTE (4 day/week) Diet Tech to provide nutritional care of residents in a long term care facility. Responsibilities include: nutrition screening and assessment, participation in resident care conferences, developing nutrition care plans, menu development, providing in-services to staff & patient education. Will function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans.
Ideal candidates will be a graduate of certified Dietetic Technician program or Bachelor’s degree from a 2 or 4-year college or university in nutrition or a related field or Certified Dietary Manager with two or more years of exp.
Interested candidates should complete an ARAMARK application at Susquehanna Health, 700 High St, Wmspt, PA. For questions call 570-321-3758.
ARAMARK at Susquehanna Health has implemented a Tobacco-Free Hiring Policy.
Part time (20 hrs/week) RD or RD eligible. New position in a CCRC with 102 skilled nursing beds. Responsibilities include wound rounds, nutrition risk monitoring, MDS charting and attending care plan meetings. Great team to work with.
If interested, send your cover letter and resume to:
Sue Noriega, RD, LDN
Director of Food Services
The Middletown Home
999 W. Harrisburg Pike
Middletown, PA 17057 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org