Questions for Potential Roomates
Finding a compatible Roommate(s) is the first step to securing off-campus housing. Share the responsibility of paying bills and spread them among roommates so all can begin to develop a positive credit history in their own name. Make sure you are careful in matching interests, cleanliness, studying and social habits. The questions below will help you find the right match.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- Does your family live in-state? Do they like to visit and stay with you?
- How often do you prefer to do dishes, vacuum, clean the bathtub, etc?
- Are you currently involved with anyone? Are they going to be an overnight guest?
- What in the house do you like to share (food, cleaning supplies, shower stuff)?
- What is your usual bedtime?
- What time do you get ready for work/class in the morning?
- How often do you cook?
- What are your study habits? Do you prefer to study in the apartment or away from the apartment? Do you need absolute quiet to study, or do you prefer background noise (radio, television, etc.)? What time of day is best for you to study?
- Where do you like to socialize in the evening?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What other debts do you have besides rent? (car, insurance, tuition, credit card debt)
- Do your friends like to come and stay with you?
- What kind of furniture do you have?
- Do you watch TV? How often? What shows?
- Do you usually pay your bills on time?
- Do you drink and/or smoke? How often?
- What kind of grades to you earn/want to earn?