Off Campus & Commuter Services
West Chester University
- If you are leaving before the term of the lease is over, read your lease for the terms. You may be required to give more than 30 days prior notice.
- Conduct a joint inspection of the unit with your landlord to assess any damage to the property.
- Provide your landlord with an address where the security deposit should be mailed.
- Complete a change of address form, which you can get from the local post office.
- Contact the Utility Companies and arrange for a shut off date
- Remove all furniture and personal items (plan ahead for bulk trash dates, it is your responsibility to follow the community rules)
- Clean thoroughly, including the sinks, tubs, toilets, refrigerator, stove, microwave, and floors
- Check the dwelling carefully and have a statement setting out any damages, signed by all parties.