Mr. and Mrs. John O’Connell, owners of West Chester Off-Campus Housing are offering five(5) $1000.00 tuition-based
scholarships to West Chester University students. Applications are due by October 15 and past recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to enter again.
All Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- Reside in West Chester Off-Campus Housing (Specifically, an O’Connell property.)
- Current West Chester University student in good standing with WCU and West Chester Off Campus Housing.
- At least one academic semester of coursework remaining after the end of this fall semester.
- Minimum of 15 completed credits at West Chester University with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Active participant in community service this current academic year.
Please include all community service beginning January 1 of this year.
- Completed application submitted by October 15.
Four $1000 scholarships will be given to a combination of male and female students.
One $1000 scholarship will be given to a student who has documented proof of future,
current, (including ROTC), or past military service. The applicant must provide documentation at the
time of application.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of two staff from the Division of Student Affairs and one full-time
ineligible student. The final selection will be made by the Director of Major Gifts and Scholarships. Mr. and Mrs.
O’Connell will be apprised of the outcome and will present the students with their scholarship checks. If you have
any questions, please feel free to contact Sandy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.