Residence Life and
West Chester University
202 Lawrence Center
West Chester, PA 19383
As a result of the rescheduling of Tuesday’s final exams to Saturday, all residence halls will close on Monday, December 16, 2013 at 2 p.m. for undergraduate students and graduating seniors.
The Lawrence Center Dining Hall will be open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday, December 14-15, and Breakfast and Lunch (until 1 p.m.) Monday, December 16. Meals will not renew on Saturday, so students will need to use rollover meals, Flex, RAMBucks, or cash.
Einstein’s Bagels will open on Sunday at 8:00 am and will accept rollover meals, Flex, RAMBucks, and cash.
The following information is what was previously provided to resident students, with all dates now updated. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services at 610-436-3307 or email@example.com.
1. All residence halls will close on Sunday, December 15, 2013 at NOON for undergraduate students and on Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. for graduating seniors.
2. All residence halls reopen on Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
3. Students must officially “sign-out” when leaving for vacation. Please contact your Resident Assistant for further details.
4. Prior to leaving for vacation, students must also:
5. Students must sign-out within 24 hours after their last examination, unless it occurs on December 14.
6. Any student not approved for Commencement housing still remaining in the building after noon on Sunday, December 15, will be ushered out so that the building can be secured.
7. Please remember to take valuable items with you that you may need over the break (prescription medications, passports, cell phone chargers, court documents, etc.).
8. The Wayne Hall lounge area is available for students who need a place to wait after the noon closing time on Sunday, December 15. Ram E Cards will not allow access to your residence hall from hall closing until the morning of January 19 (for those students returning for the spring semester).
9. Staff will be entering rooms after closing to complete health and safety inspections.
10. Thermostats in all buildings may be lowered during the vacation.
11. NO MAIL WILL BE FORWARDED DURING THE SEMESTER BREAK. PLEASE HAVE YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES SEND ANY MAIL TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS SO THAT YOU WILL BE SURE TO RECEIVE IT.
12. Students having permission to not return to the residence halls for the Spring 2014 semester must schedule and complete a check-out with your Resident Assistant and return your room key before leaving campus. Failure to do so can result in a charge for a lock change.
13. The last meal plan meal served before vacation for all students will be dinner on Satudray, December 14, 2013 in the Lawrence Center. Einstein's Bagels will be open and accepting Flex, RAMBucks, and cash on Sunday, December 15, 2013. Please look for flyers with locations and hours.
The first meal served after vacation will be BRUNCH on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
On behalf of the Office of Residence Life and Housing staff, best wishes for a safe, happy and relaxing break!