Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Assistantship in Residence Life and Housing. At this time there are multiple Graduate Assistant positions available in the Office of Residence Life and Housing starting in the fall 2016 semester and we are currently accepting applications. We will make interview and employment decisions on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
To apply for a Graduate Assistantship, please read the following instructions:
- The Assistanship is for students pursuing the M.S. in Higher Education Counseling/ Student Affairs ONLY.
- You must have prior Residence Life and Housing Services experience.
- Candidates who have not applied for admission to a graduate program at WCU will not be considered. Your admission status will be checked before an interview invitation is extended.
- In order for you to receive an assistantship from the University, you must have a minimum of a 3.00 GPA and be accepted into a Master’s Program. Certificate programs are not eligible. Graduate Assistants within the Residence Life and Housing Services office are only permitted to take 9 credit hours per semester - their are no exceptions.
- Complete, print, sign and submit the on-line GA application (link below) to the following address (below). Be sure to include your resume.
- Print three Reference Forms (below) and ask your three references to complete and return them to our office directly.
All materials can be returned as follows:
- Mail: Office of Residence Life & Housing Services, ATTN: GA Selection, 202 Lawrence Center, West Chester University, West Chester, PA 19383.
- Fax: 610-430-5945, ATTN: GA Selection
- E-mail: email@example.com, Subject: GA Selection