Click here for Vendor Application
WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY,
SYKES UNION LOBBY VENDOR SPACE GUIDELINES
This applies only to non-WCU organizations. WCU departments and Student Organizations can refer to the Room Reservation page.
Please complete the vendor application.(link on the right sidebar) As soon as it is returned, you will be contacted as to the status.
West Chester University, through its Affirmative Action policy, has expressed commitment to the elimination of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, political persuasion, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, and/or age. As an integral part of the University, the Sykes Union Advisory Board supports this policy of non-discrimination.
Criteria for consideration of proposals for sales with the WCU Sykes Union:
Please Note: All taxes, including sales tax, are the responsibility of the vendor as legislated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Applications will be judged on previous successful sales experience, reference checks, past/present performance, and compatibility with the existing operation.
- Merchandise must be legal, no bootleg items; items made through copyright infringement, etc., no drug, alcohol, and/or sexually related items, no candles, incense or other items may be burned.
- The WCU Sykes Union staff reserves the right to inspect and approve the quality and selection of merchandise.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All activities will be conducted from the designated assigned area, allowing people to approach the area of their own free will. Approaching people away from the assigned space and/or vocal coercion will not be permitted. Vendors are expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
- Reservations for the rental of a vending space with the Student Union may be made in person, over the phone, or in writing to Sabrina Rightmer, Assistant to the Director of Sykes Student Union, West Chester University, 110 W. Rosedale Ave., West Chester, PA 19383, (610) 436-2984, SRightmer@wcupa.edu.
- Vending space is available each day, Monday through Friday, with vending hours being 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. each day. Weekend hours are available through special request. Vendors are restricted to no more than two (2) days per week unless by special permission.
- The vending fees and process are as follows:
- General vendors - $60.00 during the fall semester and $60.00 during the spring semester, per day, per space, general vendors are described as other then those vendors mentioned below. Every 5th date free following 4 paid dates.
- Credit card vendors - $150.00 with a maximum of three bookings per, company per semester.
- Credit card vendors are required to clearly display the interest rates for the cards you are promoting. This display should include the introductory rates, the length of the introductory rates and the rate following the introductory period.
- Credit card vendors are required to place information regarding debt management, which will be provided by the University, in clear view on the table.
- Credit card vendors are not permitted to "give away" promotional items as enticements for applicants.
- Cell phone vendors - $150.00 at all times.
- Vendors are confined to a space, approximately 8ft. by 8ft. Two tables will be provided. Items stored and additional racks brought must be kept within your space and neat in appearance.
- Vendors are permitted to post signs behind their tables on fabric covered wall.
- The university will attempt to avoid renting table space to more than one vendor selling similar items on the same day, but it does OCCUR.
- The selling or giving away of food and items that are in competition with the SSI Bookstore or Campus Dining Services is prohibited.
- Vendors must abide by all Federal/Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education; West Chester University/Sykes Union polices.
- Vendors must clean up all refuse and debris caused by the sale of merchandise, prior to leaving Sykes Union.
- Extension cords, and/or hand trucks, and/or carts will not be provided.
- Load in and load out should be done through the building loading area. Vendors are to use the freight elevator only.
- Parking permits are available from the Sykes Union Administrative Office. Vendors may park only in designated spaces. Tickets received for illegal parking or vehicle that are towed are your responsibility. No more than two (2) passes per vendor are distributed.
- Sykes Union reserves the right to cancel an advance reservation. The Union will give as much notice as possible and will attempt to reschedule the vending date.
- Two (2) no shows without proper notification will result in the loss of space privilege for the remainder of the semester and/or academic year and a possible cancellation fee of $25.00 per space date for the remainder of the scheduled dates.
- Vendors may not be sponsored by student organizations. Vendors wishing to work with student organizations may do so but must follow all vending guidelines including the space rental fee. A company representative must also be on site at all times.
- Sykes Union is the designated space on the WCU campus where vending may take place. Vending in other campus locations is not permitted without prior approval.
- Vendors Tax I.D. # required for application approval.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the vendor.
- The University is not responsible for any property brought onto or maintained on its campus by the Vendor and/or his/her agents. The Vendor accepts sole responsibility for any such property.