The Financial Aid Office is an integral partner in carrying out and actualizing West Chester University's overall Vision and Mission Statements as well as the University's purpose and Strategic Plan for Excellence.
We understand that one of the most challenging issues facing students and parents is the financing of a college education. The role of the Financial Aid office, within the confines of federal, state and institutional policies and available funding, is to make every effort to provide information and assistance to help students obtain the resources for which they are eligible to attend West Chester University.
Comprised of a team of dedicated customer service professionals we are committed to building strong, positive relationships inside and outside of the University. When you email our office Finaid@wcupa.edu. include the nature of your inquiry in the subject line and the student's name and WCU ID# in the text. NEVER include social security numbers. Please do not attach documents!
We are here to help. Please contact us if you need assistance at (610) 436-2627.
Office Personnel Directory
Direct Customer Service Team
Up Front, personable and very knowledgeable.
- Mrs. Karen Hemlock
Professional experts available to meet with you and discuss your individual situation in detail.
Mr. Dana Parker - Director
Available for appointments: Tuesday, Wednesday
Budget Adjustments, Consortium Agreements, Enrollment Changes-Adjustments, Federal Perkins/Nursing Student Loans, Special Situations, Study Abroad, Veteran Assistance
Mr. Daniel McIlhenny - Senior Associate Director
Available for appointments: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday | COD: Tuesday and Friday
Customer Service Manager, NCAA Processes, Athletics Awards, Graduate Assistant Waivers, PA National Guard, Federal Direct and Private Student Loan Compliance, Lender Liaison, WCU PASSHE Center City Financial Aid Contact, Special Situations, and Verification
- Mrs. Barbara Fenton - Assistant Director
Available for appointments: Wednesday & Thursday | COD: Monday
Administer all Merit-Based Scholarships, PHEAA Special Programs, process all outside scholarships, FAO Facebook Administrator, Verification
- Mr. Robert Foultz - Assistant Director
Available for appointments: Monday & Tuesday | COD: Thursday
Verification Program Lead; Resolution of Student Federal Eligibility Issues; Special Situations
- Mrs. Carolyn Speidel - Assistant Director
Available for appointments: Monday & Wednesday, Friday
Administers all PA and out of state grant programs, Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Process-Lead, Special situations
- Ms. Tori Weigant - Assistant Director
Available for appointments: Monday & Friday | COD: Wednesday
Federal Pell and TEACH Grants, Financial Literacy Coordinator, Federal Work Study, Special Situations, Verification, Return of Title IV funding, Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Liaison
- Mrs. Michele Bogdon (From Mar-Sept) - Assistant Director
Not available for appointments
Verification, Out of state student liaison
Coordinators & Program Support Team
Behind the scenes, critical and essential to the cause.
Direct customer service assistance on-line, in person and on the phone.
Assist with the daily operation and support of the aid office.
- Administrative Assistant - Mrs. Gail D'Isidoro
- Business Analysis - Mrs. Yaoli Xiong - Financial Aid and Bursar Offices
Student Loans (Private, PLUS and Federal Ford Direct) - FinaidLoan@wcupa.edu
- Loan Coordinator (A-K) - Mrs. Kristine Blakely
- Loan Coordinator(L-Z) - Mrs. Dot Hurley
- Verification Data Coordinator - Mrs. Armineh Edgarian
- Data Coordinator - Ms. Kimberly Green - support services to SAP, Federal Work Study, Federal Nursing, and Perkins Student Loan Programs
- Data Integrity Coordinator - Mrs. Denise Kucowski-Hughes - FAO Web site Administrator and Digital Signage
Graduate and Student Assistants
- Graduate Assistants - Miss Christina Felizzi, and Miss Brittney O'Brien
- Financial Literacy Ambassadors -
- Federal Work Study Student Employees & Ambassadors
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth (UHY) Student Advocate and Liaison-Miss Crystal Harvey-Easterling