COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with concentrations in General Public Administration, Human Resource Management, and Nonprofit Administration. Students can combine the MPA with graduate certificates in: urban and regional planning, sport management and athletics, and health care management.
- The MPA Program operates on the basis of a rolling admissions policy. Therefore, applications are accepted and reviewed at any time of the year.
- To be considered for admission, an applicant must submit the following:
- Official application forms (Graduate Studies Application)
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (based ona 4.0 scale). Please note, students with under a 3.0 may still be considered for provisional admission. Please submit sealed undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended.
- An essay outlining career goals.
- A professional resume.
- Two letters of reference attesting to the applicant's potential as a manager;
at least one, and preferably all, must be from former or present supervisors.
- After all application materials have been received, an on-campus interview will be scheduled with the MPA Director
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The Master of Public Administration (MPA) Program is a unique alternative to other graduate school options. The core focus of our program is about developing your public service skills. Our dynamic, practical program enhances your general management and administrative qualifications while you also develop specific expertise in one of our three concentration areas: general public administration, human resource management, and nonprofit management. At the same time, many of our students have earned graduate certificates in urban and regional planning, sport management and athletics, and health care management.
Oriented toward emerging public service leaders and midcareer professionals, our program setting, structure and culture serve individuals who seek to learn alongside working professionals. Indeed, an important strength of our program is the caliber and diversity of our student body and, as a result, the quality of peer learning from which you will benefit as a student in our program.
- Students who lack work experience will incorporate a relevant internship or other job experiences into their programs.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION