Drexel University College of Medicine
Please print this to keep for you records: Drexel Early Assurance Standards, Instructions, and Checklist.
Time of Application:
- Senior year in high school.
Standards of the Program:
- Minimum total SAT score (critical reading and math) of 1300 with no subset less than 560.
- Top 10% of high school class.
- High school GPA of 3.50 or better.
- High school course requirements - 4 years of math and English, 3 years of science (including at least 1 semester of biology, chemistry, and physics).
- Documented health care experience.
- Admission to West Chester University Pre-Medical Program.
- Includes submission of a WCU Application for Admission, personal statement, transcript(s), SAT and/or ACT scores. The deadline for completion of these items is November 15th. These items must be submitted to the WCU Undergraduate Admissions Office (100 West Rosedale Avenue, West Chester, PA 19383).
- Submission of the Drexel College of Medicine Supplemental Application.
- Includes Supplemental Application, a letter of recommendation from a Science Teacher or Guidance Counselor, a copy of your resume. Please see Drexel COM Supplemental Application Instructions, for complete instructions from Drexel. The deadline for completion of these items is November 15th. These items must be submitted to the WCU Pre-Medical Program Office (750 South Church Street, SSS 117A, West Chester, PA 19383).
- Interview with West Chester University Pre-Medical Program Director. (Director will contact Applicant to schedule interview).
- Interview at Drexel College of Medicine. (Drexel will contact Applicant to schedule interview).
- Once enrolled at West Chester University, a GPA of 3.50 or better in prescribed college coursework with no grade less than a C, no repeated courses, and all prerequisite courses must be taken at West Chester University
- Score of 9 or better in the verbal section and scores of 10 or better in the physical and biological science sections, or a total minimum score of 31 (with no individual subscore less than 8), and a letter score of P or higher in the writing section of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
The West Chester University Pre-Medical office will forward your application materials to Drexel College of Medicine for further review. If you are selected, you will be contacted by Drexel in February for an interview that will take place at Drexel in March of your senior year in high school. You will be notified by Drexel of your status by the beginning of April.
As a matriculant in this program who maintains its standards, you are assured admission to Drexel for medical school upon completion of your degree at WCU.
- Submission of Applications to West Chester University.
- Interview with Director of Pre-Medical Program at WCU.
- Interview at Drexel College of Medicine.
- MCAT exam at end of junior year at WCU.
- File an AMCAS medical school application to Drexel College of Medicine the summer after junior year at WCU.
- Admission to Drexel College of Medicine upon completion of senior year at WCU.