Drexel University College of Medicine
Time of application:
During application process to WCU's post baccalaureate pre-medical program,
before November 14th of each year.
Standards of the Program:
- Admission to WCU Pre-Medical Program - includes submission of a Pre-Medical Program Supplemental application, transcript(s),Drexel COM supplemental application (Instructions) , two letters of recommendation, and scheduling of an interview at WCU. The deadline for completion of these items is November 14th.
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.50.
- GPA of 3.50 or better in prescribed college coursework with no grade less than a C, no repeated courses, and all prerequisite courses must be taken at WCU.
Documented health care experience
- Interview at WCU.
- Interview at Drexel University College of Medicine.
- Score of 9 or better in the verbal section and scores of 10 or better in the physical and biological science sections, or a total minimum score of 31 (with no individual subscore less than 8), and a letter score of P or higher in the writing section of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
This agreement allows nontraditional students attending the post baccalaureate program to gain early assurance to medical school. The WCU Pre-Medical office will forward your application materials to Drexel for further review. If you are selected, an interview will take place in March at Drexel College of Medicine. As a matriculant in this program who maintains its standards, you are assured admission to Drexel for medical school upon completion of the prescribed coursework at WCU.