Data Analyst/Research Assistant
Hiring Company: American Board of Internal
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Data Analyst/Research Assistant
provides research and analytic support for data management, data dissemination,
clinical performance assessment including work on measures development,
scoring, reporting, and research projects. This position reports to the VP of
Psychometrics and Research Analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop scoring algorithms for clinical measurement.
- Provide data sets for statisticians for research analysis.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and document
statistical/analytical computer algorithms in high-level software packages
and in 3rd party software.
- Assure data are complete and accurate in reports, files and
- Develop, document, update, and maintain analytical data files and
- Prepare summary reports.
- Contribute ideas for improving quality of work.
- Code data for qualitative research.
- Assist in proofreading of reports, publications and presentations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to manage time, work with changing deadlines and
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong quantitative research skills.
- Ability to work with both quantitative and qualitative datasets.
- Ability to extract data from large databases and files for
statistical analysis and report generation.
- Experience with clinical measures and patient survey data is
- Strong skills using SAS statistical package is essential; SPSS
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint is
- Experience with database query language (SQL, PL/SQL) and ODBC is
- Experience with HTML highly desirable.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelorís degree, with two years work
experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
If you are interested in applying for this
position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Analyst/Research Assistant in
the subject line, or contact Chris Brod in the Human Resources Department.