IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
Application Deadline: May 27, 2010
The 21st Century Partnership
for STEM Education (“21PSTEM”) is a non-profit, regional leader in
data-based analysis, program planning, innovative curricula and professional
development involving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
education in K-12 and post-secondary institutions. We are located in
We are looking to hire an individual that possesses strong research skills, creativity, the ability to produce publication-quality reports and help develop research designs for large grants and programs.
Master in Applied Statistics or related field and/or applied experience
Interest in education
Experience in research design and analysis using mixed methods
Experience using large multilevel data sets and creating datasets using multiple
Experience with SPSS or SAS
Strong up-to-date quantitative skills including but not limited to:
· Analyses including logistic regression, multiple regression exploratory data analysis, factor analysis
· Appropriate use of incomplete data sets and understanding of limitations of missing data
A record of writing and presentation skills appropriate for peer reviewed
Doctorate in education, sociology, psychology or related field or in the final
stages of dissertation
Expertise in design of surveys and data collection systems
Experience in using data for policy analysis and assessment
This is a Full time position funded for 1 year Funding for additional years is possible.
Salary: Mid 40’s to low 50’s depending on qualifications
This position encompasses the follow duties:
· Responsibility for updating and maintaining data inventory
· Hypothesis testing through the use of high level quantitative analyses of public and project data and reporting on related findings.
· Assisting in preparation and presentation of data to support their publication work.
· Preparation of publications for peer reviewed journals as appropriate.
· Preparation of PowerPoint presentations as appropriate
· Presentation at conferences as appropriate
· Design or assist in designing research plan for existing and/or new projects