JOB ID: 14859 Customer Data Analyst West Chester - Studio Park (PA) Jun 26, 2013
The Researcher is primarily responsible for identifying opportunities within the company where additional information and insight will improve business results. A Researcher will be involved with complex data extraction and analysis for a variety of internal clients. A strong technical background is required as well as the ability to understand complex business questions and integrate quantitative research with business practices to inform and direct the client. The scope of work ranges across the entire QVC organization with a focus on marketing, programming and merchandising.
* Programming/analytical skills using one or more languages including SAS, R, Tableau, JMP, SQL, MS Access, MS Excel
* Build data processes to efficiently extract data that is targeted to clients needs.
* Ability to draw critical data elements together to provide succinct presentation that provides insight and guidance.
* Primary focus on customer behavior characteristics and how they interact with QVC's programming - on-air and on-line.
* Strong team building skills to bring together the appropriate people and coordinate the team's efforts toward a common goal.
* Keep abreast of new technologies and analytic tools that can help increase efficiencies and learning.
* Provide accurate and timely standard reports to key business leaders throughout the organization.
Preferred Qualifications :
* 5+ years experience in Retail, Marketing Research, or related field with a proven analytical and business background.
* BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics or related field.
* Experience in a variety of data base/analytical/statistical/BI tools: SQL, Access, Oraclem, Excel, Tableau, Microstrategy or similar, R, SAS, JMP
* Experience in statistical/analytical areas like forecasting, risk assessment, logistic regression, or multivariate test design a plus.
* Ability to frame upfront business problems and translate those issues into research plans and ultimately into actionable insights.
* Demonstrated ability to take research initiatives from concept definition to actionable results.
* Good team player - must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Strong influencing skills - must be able to influence project managers and process participants who don't report directly to this position.
* Outstanding communication skills.
* Creative and innovative in using new methods and processes to generate consumer insights, new product ideas and identify market opportunities.
Interested persons can send their resume to Richard Cole.