Job Title: Research Manager
Department: Brand & Communications
Job Code: MJS-RM-B&C
By offering access to several of the world's largest databases combined with a full-range of ad-hoc research services, GfK Custom Research North America delivers proven, state-of-the-art solutions developed from a 360° view of each client's market. These include GfK Roper Reports®, GfK Starch® Ad Readership Studies, GfK Roper Public Affairs & Media public release surveys and more.
GfK Brand & Communications is a division of GfK Custom Research North America that specializes in research on brands and brand/marketing communications. This business unit is part of the GfK Custom Research North America sector-matrix organization. With close collaborative relationships with business units that operate in vertical sectors (Consumer, Financial Services, Automotive, Technology, Media), GfK Brand & Communications is an interdisciplinary team of Brand & Communication research experts bringing the latest thinking, research methods and insights to clients across all these sectors.
The Research Manager handles a full range of project tasks under the direction of the Research Director and/or the Senior Research Director. Depending on experience, you may independently handle specific project phases or implement entire projects with general oversight from the Research Director or Senior Research Director. The Research Manager has a great breadth of knowledge, and is able to independently handle complex projects. You will be expected to develop a broad range of research expertise.
· Project management– including project costs, timing, data tabulation, suppliers, analysis, and final report
· Ability to work across a variety of research projects – including U&A/segmentation, concept/product testing, positioning optimization, pricing research, etc.
· Preparation of actionable, insightful final reports and client presentation of results
· Ability to apply appropriate statistical techniques as required in proposals and analysis
· Ability to train and direct Research Associates
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience within the Market Research Industry
· Experience in research study design, proposal development and pricing and project execution
· Highly organized (ability to multi-task) and detail oriented (strong attention to detail)
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Research project management experience including designing, reading, checking and interpreting data tabulations
· Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills – ability to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization – both internally and externally
· Positive, upbeat attitude, natural inquisitiveness and desire to learn and grow
· Experience with a variety of market research methodologies and techniques
· Knowledge of the consumer package good (CPG), Financial Services or Technology market research industries (preferred)
· Proficiency with Excel/PowerPoint required. Proficiency with SAS, SPSS and/or other analytical/statistical software. Visual Basic and/or other programming experience/skills a plus
· Desire to train and mentor team members
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience and a full benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to HR@gfk.com. Your submission must include Job Code MJS-RM-B&C in the subject line of your email and provide salary requirements in order to be considered.