Job Title: Research Associate
Department: GfK Brand & Communications
Job Code: MJS-RA-BC
By offering access to several of the world's largest databases combined with a full-range of ad-hoc research services, GfK Custom Research North America delivers proven, state-of-the-art solutions developed from a 360° view of each client's market. These include GfK Roper Reports®, GfK Starch® Ad Readership Studies, GfK Roper Public Affairs & Media public release surveys and more.
GfK Brand & Communications is a division of GfK Custom Research North America that specializes in research on brands and brand/marketing communications. This business unit is part of the GfK Custom Research North America sector-matrix organization. With close collaborative relationships with business units that operate in vertical sectors (Consumer, Financial Services, Automotive, Technology, Media), GfK Brand & Communications is an interdisciplinary team of Brand & Communication research experts bringing the latest thinking, research methods and insights to clients across all these sectors.
The Research Associate handles a full range of project tasks under the direction of more senior team members. Depending on experience, he or she will be responsible for implementing various quantitative market research project tasks ranging from questionnaire development through data analysis and report writing. He or she is expected to develop a broad range of research expertise.
· With general supervision, has responsibility for the successful implementation of assigned market research projects.
· Independently constructs and implements analytical plans for simple studies and executes analysis plans with supervisor’s guidance for complex studies. Has primary responsibility for writing analysis programs using SAS and an in-house proprietary cross tabulation program.
· Accurately and efficiently writes questionnaires from outline. Thoroughly tests questionnaires to ensure accuracy.
· Ensures data is collected accurately by effectively managing the data collection process on assigned studies. Develops proficiency with custom research data collection methodologies and understands the applicability and the differences of the various methods.
· Completes reports using analysis results from SAS and cross tabulations. Ensures accuracy of data.
· Assists with and builds knowledge of market research projects by analyzing and interpreting market research data.
· Solves day-to-day data/project related issues with minimal supervision.
· Obtains bids for fieldwork, collects accurate information and coordinates the estimate for final review by the Engagement Manager/Director.
· Solid analytical, communication and organizational skills required
· Research Skills: This person must have strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of survey research design and methodology. Some knowledge of multivariate statistics is preferred.
· Data Analysis: Ability to demonstrate quantitative skills using SPSS or SAS, plus the ability to merge and interpret data sets. Must have strong interest in working with large data sets.
· Project Management: Ability to manage all aspects of project work.
· Positive, upbeat attitude, natural inquisitiveness and desire to learn and grow
· Communication: Must have ability to communicate clearly and cultivate relationships with clients and other team members.
· Microsoft proficiency.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in social sciences, business, or marketing. Master’s Degree preferred. 0-2 years market research experience.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience and a full benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Your submission must include Job Code MJS-RA-BC in the subject line of your email and provide salary requirements in order to be considered.