Course Objectives :
Students completing this course should:
· Advance the tools learned in STAT 512.
· Be competent in GLM model building and diagnostics
· Understand the Matrix representation of the reviewed models
· Be introduced to extensions of the GLM models such as Random Effects Models, Mixed Effects Models and Generalized Linear Models.
· Competent with SAS Procedures PROC GLM, PROC GENMOD, PROC LOGISTIC, PROC PHREG, and PROC MIXED.
Students will be using SAS 9. Students should be competent in using SAS prior to taking this course. The following skills are expected to be known:
· Reading and creating SAS data sets.
· Familiarity with PROC REG and PROC GLM introduced in STAT 512.
· Able to save output files, SAS code, and SAS logs
· Install SAS on their personal computer.
· Comfortable in the SAS LAB.