Department of Mathematics
West Chester University
Office: UNA 110
- M.A. Jagiellonian University(Poland)
- Ph.D., D. Sc. Polish Academy of Sciences
- Hilbert space operator theory
- operator algebras self adjoint and non self adjoint
- Mathematics in various cultures
such as Mayan, Incan, Indian.
- 1974 - August 1981 : Adjunct at the Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Solskiego 30,
31-027 Krakow, Poland.
September 1977 - August 1978 : Visiting Professor at the Center of Research and Advanced Studies, National Polytechnical Institute, Mexico City, Mexico.
September 1981 - August 1984 : Associate Professor and Chair the Applied Mathematics Department, Hugo Kollataj Academy, Krakow, Poland.
September 1984 - December 1984 : Research Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A1, Canada.
January 1985 - August 1985 : Visiting Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405.
August 1985 - August 1990: Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19383.
September 1990 - present: Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science,West Chester University, West Chester,Pennsylvania 19383
- Mathematics in a Sample of Cultures – Kendall Hunt 2016 – (with Ximena Catepillan Millersville University)
- Counting and Arithmetic of the Inca . / Cuentas y Aritmetica de los Inca/ ( with Ximena
Catepillan, Millersville University) – Revista Latinoamericana de Etnomatematica, 5(2)
The boundedness condition of dilation theory characterizes subnormals and contractions - Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 28, no 2 (1990), 591 - 602.
Linear combinations of hyponormal operators (with John B.Conway, Indiana University,
Bloomington, Indiana) - Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 18 (1988), 695 - 705.
Positive forms and dilations - Transactions of the American Mathematical Society,
301 (1987), 761 - 780.
Selected Conference Talks:
Joint Mathematics Meeting - Washington DC, January 2009
International Congress of Mathematicians – Beijing, China, August 2002
VI Simposio International Chileno – Punta Arenas, Chile, November 2002
Canadian Operator Symposium - Montreal, Canada, May 1991
Operator Theory and Functional Analysis - Phoenix, Arizona, June 1987