Call for Papers
Paper Submission Review will begin on March 1, 2014 and will continue until July 31, 2014.
In an increasingly global and technological world, geographic and intellectual borders are being blurred, reconstructed, and reinstituted. The resulting paradigm shift is creating opportunities and challenges for nations and for institutions of higher learning. Political, economic, and socio-cultural issues surrounding the production, dissemination, access, ownership, and consumption of knowledge are receiving ever-increasing scrutiny across all academic disciplines.
The International Higher Education Congress sponsors seek to build a sustainable future through transformative global partnerships in higher education. The conference theme-Knowledge Crossing Borders, Building Partnerships Thorough Shared Knowledge –is both broad and timely and includes the research, pedagogical, outreach, and administrative functions of higher education. The conference will examine how knowledge transactions across regional and international boarders create both difficult challenges and transformative opportunities for cooperation, change, creativity, and innovation.
Conference participants will actively explore and develop common interests and intersecting scholarly work linking two or more of the participating countries and institutions.
We are seeking conference workshop papers that focus on border-crossing perspectives in broad contexts. We seek a broad range of perspectives from faculty, administrators, and staff. Topics should address at least one of these topics of inquiry:
- Communication and Information Technologies in Higher Education
- World Peace and Higher Education
- Higher Education and the reduction of poverty
- Ethics and the role of Higher Education
- International Cooperation and Institutions of Higher Education
- Higher Education and Advances in the area of Health worldwide
We seek proposals in the following structures:
- Individual presentations not to exceed 20 minutes
- Panels or workshops that may be structured with three or more presentations for a total of 60 minutes of presentation and 15 minutes of audience response
- Poster sessions which will include 60 minutes of scheduled presence and dialogue with conference attendees
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com by June 15, 2014. Submissions should be in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, using 12-point font. Full papers will receive higher evaluations but abstracts will also be considered.
Notification of Acceptance begins May 1, 2014.
Presenter is responsible for their own expenses: travel, housing, meals and conference registration.