Minor in Art History | 18 semester hours
This program provides alternative tracks to satisfy a variety of emphases to which art history may be applied. These include both vocational and liberal arts interests, which range from a highly structured sequence to a self-designed sequence.
- Art history survey | 18 semester hours
ARH 103 and 104, and 12 credits of electives selected at the 200, 300, and 400 levels.
Structured sequence of courses designed to provide an in-depth comprehensive core of Western art development. Recommended as an important cultural component to the study of history, literature, performing arts, anthropology, sociology, and psychology.
- Art history and its interfaces | 18 semester hours
According to interest or possible vocational application, this program provides an opportunity to explore either the
various historical periods/styles of art or the interfaces of art history with studio art, American studies, and other
- Required courses | 6 semester hours
ARH 103 and 104
- Upper-level courses | 6 semester hours
Two 200 level or above art history courses
- Other requirements | 6 semester hours
Under advisement, choose one from of the following:
- Any two studio art courses
- Any two American studies courses
- Any two other art history courses
- Any two cognate courses from other disciplines
- Any combination of the above
Either of these minors may be taken as a concentration by students as one of the minors in the bachelor of arts or bachelor of science in liberal studies general degree program.